On June 2018, UniAction has announced it will start a major project in the West Island of Montreal. It will start a private and corporate major fundraising campaign of $ 2 million over 5 years to establish a center and residence offering integrated services and programs to help and support newcomers in their transition and integration into Quebec and Canadian society.
The center’s objectives are:
1. Offer integrated services: To offer multiple services such as the basics of getting their immigration/citizenship work papers ready, understanding education, health, financial systems in Quebec and Canada, and much more. This aims to help and orient any new comers toward the right resources, thus allowing them a smooth integration to Quebec and Canada.
2. A transition home and year round program: To offer a transition housing for one year with continuous support through a year’s program of integration to Quebec and Canada for underprivileged family and individuals.
3. Entrepreneurship and finding work training programs.
How will funds be raised:
- Fundraising events organized by UniAction.
- Fundraising events organized by third parties.
- Major private and corporate fundraising campaign starting in 2020.